You pay us so that your site will be online. When it's not online, you shouldn't have to pay. It's that simple.
We rarely have server issues that result in downtime, but on occasion, we will encounter a hardware or software issue that may cause a brief service interruption.
In all but the most urgent cases, we will send out an email notifying customers of maintenance that is to be performed. When notice is sent at least two hours prior to service interruption, the outage does not qualify for our uptime guarantee.
Service credits are calculated as follows (all times are stated in downtime per month):
- Less than 45 minutes (100% - 99.9% uptime) -- No credit
- 45 minutes to 3 hours 30 minutes (99.9% - 99.5% uptime) -- 5% credit
- 3 hours 30 minutes to 7 hours 15 minutes (99.5% - 99% uptime) -- 10% credit
- 7 hours 15 minutes to 14 hours 30 minutes (99% - 98% uptime) -- 15% credit
- 14 hours 30 minutes to 1.5 days (98% - 95% uptime) -- 25% credit
- Greater than 1.5 days (less than 95% uptime) -- 100% credit
Contact our billing department to request a service credit in accordance with our
Availability Guarantee. Service credits issued for downtime are issued in the form of credits to your DowntownHost